Telehealth provides a web-based video consultation with one of our Immunisation specialists. It is ideal for rural or regional Victorians and can also be utilised for non-metro interstate patients. Rather than travelling all the way to Melbourne for your appointment, suitable patients can have their immunisation consultation via a computer or iPad, either in their own home or with their local GP, paediatrician or another local healthcare professional.
- Less or no travel time
- Less disruption to your daily life
- Your home or local clinic is your waiting room
- Your local healthcare professional (eg: GP, paediatrician) can also be involved in the specialist consultation
- Video-consultation may not always be clinically appropriate
- Our immunisation specialist cannot physically examine you/your child
- There may be technical IT issues, but these are rare and the consultation can be completed by telephone if required
The Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne has an excellent resource re: Telehealth www.rch.org.au/telehealth
For more information or to arrange a Telehealth consultation, please contact our Immunisation Hotline on 1300 882 924 (option 1)
Welcome to MVEC
The Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC) is a new web-based initiative, providing up-to-date immunisation information for healthcare professionals, parents and the public.
It is a collaboration between The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) and its Melbourne Children’s campus partners (Murdoch Children's Research Institute and The University of Melbourne) and Monash Health.
MVEC aims to address common queries around vaccines and to promote the benefits of immunisation for both children and adults.