Monash immunisation service
Established in 2012, the Monash immunisation service is situated at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, specialising in immunisation management and education. It is a specialist immunisation nurse-led drop in service with adult and paediatric immunisation physician support and clinics.
Services provided for hospital patients and their families
- Vaccinations provided under the National Immunisation Program.
- Immunisation of current inpatient and outpatients.
- Assisting with complex immunisation issues
- Immunisation for high risk patient groups including:
- Respiratory and Cardiac
- Antenatal and Postnatal
- Premature babies
- Families of high risk patients
- Provide education on immunisations to children, adults and their families attending Monash Medical Centre and Monash Children’s Hospital
- Assist with and develop catch up immunisation plans.
- Provide immunisation adverse event management and supervised revaccination.
- Liaise with health professionals within the hospital and community to discuss immunisation management.
- Availability of telephone advice for any queries regarding immunisations.
- Written resources available for families requiring immunisation information.
- Access to specialised adult and paediatric immunisation physician.
- RSV Immunoglobulin Clinic
- BCG and Travel Clinic for children
Services provided for health professionals
- Expert resources available on immunisation for health professionals.
- Provide presentations and updates on immunisations and their management.
- Teleconference can be arranged for regional areas.
- Written resources including immunisation catch-up plans.
- Intranet immunisation resources for health professionals and their clients.
- Preceptors for nursing and medical staff.
- Provide phone support and information regarding immunisation issues.
- Provide immunisation outpatient clinic for expert medical advice and management.
- Twice yearly immunisation update seminars in conjunction with The Royal Children’s Hospital and the SAEFVIC unit.
Immunisation outpatient clinic – referrals can be sent directly to Monash Immunisation. See contact details below.
Inpatients – Inpatients can be referred to be seen by one of our Immunisation Nurse Specialists by calling the immunisation service directly on 9594 6320 or pager 4488 via switch 9594 6666
Immunisation Centre – Outpatients can be seen by one of our Immunisation Nurse Specialists at Monash Immunisation. No referral required. No appointment necessary.
Immunisation Hotline: 1300 882 924 (option 5)
Direct Phone: (03) 9594 6320
Pager: 4488 via switchboard 9594 6666
Fax: (03) 9594 6325
Monash Medical Centre Clayton
Turn right when entering front door of the hospital. Located inside Jessie McPherson Private Hospital (suite I).
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 4:00pm
No weekends or public holidays
Welcome to MVEC
The Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC) is a new web-based initiative, providing up-to-date immunisation information for healthcare professionals, parents and the public.
It is a collaboration between The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) and its Melbourne Children’s campus partners (Murdoch Children's Research Institute and The University of Melbourne) and Monash Health.
MVEC aims to address common queries around vaccines and to promote the benefits of immunisation for both children and adults.