Adverse events reporting Australia
Vaccines are a medication and like any drug there are possible side effects. If you or your child are experiencing an adverse event following an immunisation, it should be reported to your local government health authority.
Please see the list below for the appropriate body to report to, in your state or territory.
- Australian Capital Territory Health Department (02) 6205 2300
- New South Wales Public Health Units 1300 066 055 for connection to Public Health Unit
- Northern Territory Department of Health (08) 8922 8044
- South Australia Health 1300 232 272
- Tasmania (Direct to the TGA) 1800 044 114
Welcome to MVEC
The Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC) is a new web-based initiative, providing up-to-date immunisation information for healthcare professionals, parents and the public.
It is a collaboration between The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) and its Melbourne Children’s campus partners (Murdoch Children's Research Institute and The University of Melbourne) and Monash Health.
MVEC aims to address common queries around vaccines and to promote the benefits of immunisation for both children and adults.