Travel Vaccine Update (TVU)
Running for the second time, the TVU is a new event run by MVEC and similarly to the CVU, it provides doctors, nurses and health care professionals a chance to learn about specific travel vaccine updates, case studies and research.
This year, the event is being held in the Ella Latham Theatre at the Royal Children’s Hospital on Thursday 31st August from 6pm – 9pm. If you would like to attend this event, please follow the link below to purchase tickets.
Buy tickets here
|Chair – Welcome note||Dr Mike Starr|
|6:20pm||BCG and Meningococcal Vaccine Update||Dr Nigel Crawford|
|6:50pm||Zika Virus Update||Dr Michael Nissen|
|7:20pm||Break – light supper and drinks|
Clinical Vaccinology Update (CVU)
The next Clinical Vaccinology Update will be held on Tuesday 28th November 2017.
Partnered with the Monash Children’s Hospital and MCRI, this year’s event will be hosted in the Exhibition Space at Monash University’s Caulfield Campus.
Ticketing are not yet available, so please ensure your subscription to this site is up to date to be notified once registrations are open.
Previous Clinical Vaccinology Updates
Clinical Vaccinology Update December 2016
- Immigrant Health by Georgie Paxton
- Vaccinations in Pharmacy by Emma Abate
- Vaccine Safety Data – New Approaches by Jock Lawrie
- CVU 2016 by Nigel Crawford
- RSV Vaccines by Kim Mullholland
- Group B Strep by Jim Buttery
Travel Vaccinology Update March 2016
- BCG vaccine update by Jim Buttery
- Yellow fever vaccine by Shidan Tosif
- Rabies vaccine by Mike Starr
- Typhoid vaccine by Fiona Russell
- Japanese encephalitis vaccine by Teresa Lazzaro
- What infections do returned travellers bring back to Australia by Sarah McGuinness
- Special risk patients and travel case studies by Nigel Crawford
Clinical Vaccinology Update November 2015
- Immunisation through Technology by Christopher Pearce
- Hospital Based Innovations MMC by Jo Hickman
- Hospital Based Innovations RCH by Sonja Elia
- Adjusting to Immunisation Program Changes by Stephen Pellissier
- Zoster Update by Alex Padiglione
- The RSV Vaccine Story by Jim Buttery
- Registers by Nigel Crawford
- Local Government Authority: Innovations by Kate Russo
- Influenza vaccines in 2016 by Heath Kelly
Clinical Vaccinology Update June 2015
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance by Kylie Carville
- Pertussis update by Dr Kirsten Perrett
- Influenza Surveillance in Victoria by Dr James Fielding
- Influenza Vaccine Safety by AProfessor Kristine Macartney
- New Vaccines by Dr Nigel Crawford
- Dengue Vaccine by Irani Ratnam
- Malaria Vaccines by Professor Stephen Rogerson
- HPV Vaccine Update by Julia Brotherton
Clinical Vaccinology Update December 2014
- Vaccines for gastro: the good, the bad & the remainder. Associate Professor Stephen Lambert
- Polio: How far to eradication? Professor Mike Toole
- Meningococcal B vaccines explained. Dr Jim Buttery
- Approaches to vaccine hesitant families. Dr Margie Danchin
- Vaxxtracker & SMS technology to improve immunisation rates. Patrick Cashman
- Tuberculosis & BCG vaccine. Steve Graham
- Vaccine Allergy. Dr Samar Ojaimi
Clinical Vaccinology Update December 2013
- CVU, What’s New? by Dr Margie Danchin
- Optimising Immunisation in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders by A Prof Ross Andrews
- Influenza Vaccinations: An Update by Dr Chris Blyth
- Vaccine Education by Dr Nigel Crawford
Clinical Vaccinology Update June 2013
Clinical Vaccinology Update October 2012
Welcome to MVEC
The Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC) is a new web-based initiative, providing up-to-date immunisation information for healthcare professionals, parents and the public.
It is a collaboration between The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) and its Melbourne Children’s campus partners (Murdoch Children's Research Institute and The University of Melbourne) and Monash Health.
MVEC aims to address common queries around vaccines and to promote the benefits of immunisation for both children and adults.