Clinical Vaccinology Update (CVU)
The Clinical Vaccinology Update (CVU) is an opportunity for immunisation providers & interested healthcare professionals, to meet and discuss new vaccines, vaccine preventable disease epidemiology and vaccine safety.
The next CVU will be held on Monday 5th December 2016, 8:30am to 3:00pm in The SPOT- Copland Theatre in Carlton (part of the University of Melbourne)
The SPOT Theatre is located at 198 Berkeley Street, Carlton.
The closest car parking is available at University Square Car Park- entrance at 244 Bouverie Street or 206 Berkeley Street. Limited on street parking is also available. Public transport is highly recommended.
Ticketing is now open. We look forward to seeing you there! Purchase ticket
You can view the program here
For any questions or further information please contact email@example.com
Take our quiz!
Previous Clinical Vaccinology Updates
Travel Vaccinology Update March 2016
- BCG vaccine update by Jim Buttery
- Yellow fever vaccine by Shidan Tosif
- Rabies vaccine by Mike Starr
- Typhoid vaccine by Fiona Russell
- Japanese encephalitis vaccine by Teresa Lazzaro
- What infections do returned travellers bring back to Australia by Sarah McGuinness
- Special risk patients and travel case studies by Nigel Crawford
Clinical Vaccinology Update November 2015
- Immunisation through Technology by Christopher Pearce
- Hospital Based Innovations MMC by Jo Hickman
- Hospital Based Innovations RCH by Sonja Elia
- Adjusting to Immunisation Program Changes by Stephen Pellissier
- Zoster Update by Alex Padiglione
- The RSV Vaccine Story by Jim Buttery
- Registers by Nigel Crawford
- Local Government Authority: Innovations by Kate Russo
- Influenza vaccines in 2016 by Heath Kelly
Clinical Vaccinology Update June 2015
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance by Kylie Carville
- Pertussis update by Dr Kirsten Perrett
- Influenza Surveillance in Victoria by Dr James Fielding
- Influenza Vaccine Safety by AProfessor Kristine Macartney
- New Vaccines by Dr Nigel Crawford
- Dengue Vaccine by Irani Ratnam
- Malaria Vaccines by Professor Stephen Rogerson
- HPV Vaccine Update by Julia Brotherton
Clinical Vaccinology Update December 2014
- Vaccines for gastro: the good, the bad & the remainder. Associate Professor Stephen Lambert
- Polio: How far to eradication? Professor Mike Toole
- Meningococcal B vaccines explained. Dr Jim Buttery
- Approaches to vaccine hesitant families. Dr Margie Danchin
- Vaxxtracker & SMS technology to improve immunisation rates. Patrick Cashman
- Tuberculosis & BCG vaccine. Steve Graham
- Vaccine Allergy. Dr Samar Ojaimi
Clinical Vaccinology Update December 2013
- CVU, What’s New? by Dr Margie Danchin
- Optimising Immunisation in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders by A Prof Ross Andrews
- Influenza Vaccinations: An Update by Dr Chris Blyth
- Vaccine Education by Dr Nigel Crawford
Clinical Vaccinology Update June 2013
Clinical Vaccinology Update October 2012
Welcome to MVEC
The Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC) is a new web-based initiative, providing up-to-date immunisation information for healthcare professionals, parents and the public.
It is a collaboration between The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) and its Melbourne Children’s campus partners (Murdoch Children's Research Institute and The University of Melbourne) and Monash Health.
MVEC aims to address common queries around vaccines and to promote the benefits of immunisation for both children and adults.